Thursday, November 12, 2009

An ants poem

How small a life has to be,
How little and how disguised by nature;
Smaller but meaningful like a pea,
That finally made me capture;
The idea, the truth, my life, I agree.
A drop of dust I abjure.

This is the story, this is the beat,
I tell you secretly for your regard,
Think for a moment, it's just a treat,
Even if you see me eating your chard,
Ask everybody. Believe! I never cheat,
All this is real, I am the Bard.

Carrying grub on my back,
Serving , working hard;
Intruding but persevering, I never retract,
Sometimes I have to keep guard;
I walk all day long, I follow my track,
Along the floor continuing to the yard.

I lost family in so many ways,
Burned, drowned, even stepped on;
I used to think it was a phase,
Until we carried the bodies through the lawn;
Many more were defeated by the maze,
The lucky ones thought they had won.

My world, my queen,
Not too much as some say;
It is all I have, all I am, that is what I mean,
Sometimes we are warriors, sometimes we are prey,
We are proud, we are keen,
We are all as one, keep away.

Have you ever heard an ant scream?
I did, no one seems to listen
We always work as a team,
As a colony, we try to glisten;
Some days are hard crossing the stream
Careful, you could be the one to be bitten.

To me the end has come,
No thoughts, no words, no more trouble,
You protect your home,
We will hide in the stubble,
Goodbye, I'm going where I came from,
Stay here and contemplate the rubble.

1 comment:

  1. Espectacular, llevas la gracia y tienes el ritmo, a veces solo escribir te relaja pero cuando lo haces con pasion todo es asombroso
    sigue asi mamay
    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete